Arcola, TX Car Accident Attorneys
If a negligent motorist caused an accident that led to injury, property damage, or the death of a loved one, Texas laws permit you to seek settlement for various losses. Our Arcola auto accident lawyers are here to help, and regardless of how complex your case is, we’ll see to it that you file and pursue fair and speedy compensation and damages claim.
We will achieve this by:
- Explaining your legal rights and options to you so that you avoid being exploited by the negligent party or their insurer
- Collecting evidence on your behalf
- Determining and proving fault
- Holding aggressive negotiations with all responsible insurers
- Litigation and courtroom representation when needed
What Are Your Legal Options After an Arcola Auto Accident?
If an accident causes you damage or physical or emotional injury, you should not shy away from seeking settlement for all losses and costs that you have had to sustain as a result of the accident. What is required for a successful claim, however, is that you have sufficient evidence to prove the fault of the responsible motorist.
To prove fault or liability, you’ll have to ascertain that the responsible party breached the duty of care that he or she owes you. You’ll also need to substantiate that from that breach, an accident occurred, and as a result, you suffered personal injuries, property damage, or the death of a loved one.
Your legal options include:
- Filing a claim against the at-fault driver
- Filing a claim against the insurer of the responsible driver
- Filing a punitive damages claim against the responsible driver if the accident occurred due to gross negligence or out of a willful, malicious act
- Filing an insurance claim against your auto/ PIP insurance
- Filing an underinsured claim against your insurer if the at-fault driver’s insurance is not enough to compensate you fully
- Filing an uninsured claim against the at-fault motorist in the case of a hit and run accident
Knowing whom to seek compensation from can be quite confusing. However, you need not worry since we have years of expertise in filing and following through with a wide range of claim types and we will evaluate your case to identify the best course of action for you and to file for the maximum settlement allowed under the rule of the law.
Other tasks that our lawyers will perform for you include:
- Helping you get the right medical attention
- Filing insurance claims for you
- Drafting a demand letter
- Collecting evidence
- Speaking with law enforcement, medical, legal, and insurance agencies
Common Causes of Accidents in Arcola
Most Arcola car accidents are caused by negligence. Negligence is punishable by the law, especially when it leads to the suffering of innocent victims. You can seek compensation for a crash that results from acts of negligence, including:
- Drowsy driving
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk driving
- Driving on the wrong road lane
- Distracted driving
- Vehicle defects
- Running through stop signs or red lights
- Driving despite harsh weather conditions
- Failure to yield the right of way
Car Accident Insurance Compensation
It might be tempting to accept an insurance offer as soon as an accident happens. You might also feel as if you do not need expert representation as you may be somewhat able to handle negotiations with insurers on your own. Doing this, however, is highly inadvisable.
Insurance companies are in the business of making money and employ insurance adjusters to mitigate their liability. You will likely, at best, be offered a settlement amount that barely covers medical bills or personal injury losses. Even if an insurance offer seems adequate, avoid signing or accepting one without legal counsel. Our lawyers look at all angles of your case and will make sure to cover all avenues open to you for seeking compensation for damages caused by a negligent third party.
Below is a summary of everything you need to know about an accident claim:
- Insurance companies do not have any intention of helping you get full recovery for damages
- Be wary of accepting offers made by insurance agents or adjusters
- Avoid making recorded statements without your lawyer
- Don’t sign anything without your lawyer
- Property damage claims are totally different from injury claims
- You could receive a settlement for a car accident from your health carrier
- A lawsuit may be necessary if the responsible insurance company fails to pay you a fair settlement
Common Auto Accidents Handled by Our Attorneys
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction zone wrecks
- Truck accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Single car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Underinsured or uninsured car accidents
Damages Recoverable in an Arcola Car Accident
Below are some of the damages that our lawyers have helped clients seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Mental anguish
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of income
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
- Funeral costs
- A potential loss of inheritance
- Lost spousal support
Get in Touch with Us Today
We offer no-obligation case evaluations; our initial consultation costs you nothing. Our car accident attorneys in Arcola are local to the area and have years of expertise handling accidents, damages, and injury claims. We offer nothing less than the best representation at no up-front cost. Call us now at 713-677-2179.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?