Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Arcola, TX
Arcola road rules are used to determine the responsibility of drivers with regards to operating their vehicles. Likewise, there are guidelines that are specifically applicable to bicycles and sharing roads with motorists. The implication of this is simple: motorists owe bicyclists the same duty of care that they owe other road users. At the same time, however, bicycle riders are also required to observe safety rules and act responsibly while using public roads.
Unfortunately, the rights and responsibilities of motorists and bike riders are often blurred – and it makes it even harder to ascertain and assign responsibility when an accident occurs.
Common Causes of Arcola Bicycle Accidents
Because of the overlap in responsibility, you should speak with an auto accident expert to protect your rights as a bicycle rider so that the negligent driver and their insurer do not end up taking advantage of you. Part of the protection of your rights involves proving that the responsible party was at fault for the accident. Fault may be proven by showing that the responsible motorist was:
- Driving carelessly or aggressively
- Driving under the influence/drunk driving
- Driving while texting/distracted driving
- Failed to observe a stop sign or traffic light
- Failed to give you a fair share of the road
- Failed to recognize the safe amount of space you require
Bicycle Accident Injuries You May Seek Settlement
Bicyclists face more severe injuries after an accident than people in motor vehicles. This is due to the lack of protection they have while on the road. Even if the accident does not lead to a fatality, life-changing injuries are common. Fortunately, you can seek damage compensation for all of the following injuries in a bicycle accident:
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Tissue damage
- Internal injuries
- Bruises, concussions, and lacerations
- Knee and ankle injuries
Evidence for a Bicycle Accident
To prove fault for a bicycle accident, you need to have sufficient evidence. While evidence might be somewhat difficult for you to gather, especially if you have sustained injuries, our bicycle accident lawyers will gather evidence on your behalf and use it to prove liability on the part of the negligent party responsible for the accident.
The attorney we assign to handle your case will be tasked with gathering evidence from:
- Police reports
- Accident scene – skid marks, lane features, vehicle damage, and so on
- Video footage from highway surveillance cameras
- Dashboard camera footage
- Witness statements
- Accident reconstruction officer’s reports
- Any photos that might have been taken after the accident
- Driver recordings in which they admit to fault
- DUI and DWI records to prove drunk driving
- Phone calls, texting, or social media activity to prove distracted driving
- Speed tests to prove speeding
Accident evidence can disappear very quickly, and it is upon you to guard the validity of your claim by filing one as soon as an accident occurs and collecting as much evidence as you can after the crash. Contacting an attorney immediately will enhance your chances of collecting the evidence you need to file a successful accident claim and keep you away from extortion by insurance companies or other parties involved in the accident.
Insurance Companies Don’t Care About You!
Immediately after an accident, the insurance company of the responsible driver may approach you with compensation offers and urge you to sign or make recorded statements. However, seek legal counsel before agreeing to anything because insurance companies are in the business of maximizing revenue. They will do all they can to mitigate liability. They have skilled adjustors and lawyers tasked with doing exactly this, and if you are not careful, you may end up with compensation that’s less than what you rightfully deserve.
Our expert bicycle accident attorneys will explore all Texas insurance compensation options and handle negotiations on your behalf. In doing so, you can rest assured that we will file for compensation for losses you may have incurred from all possible avenues in order to cover you for damages and losses including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income after the accident
- Reduced capacity to earn
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of spousal support and companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Psychological trauma
- Anxiety-related disorders
If the accident leads to the death of a loved one, we will help you file a wrongful death claim as well. This will involve seeking settlement for:
- A potential loss of inheritance
- Medical bills incurred before the death of the loved one
- Loss of service
- Loss of financial support
- Pain and suffering before death
- Loss of company
- Funeral and burial bills
Time Is of the Essence – Call Us Now
The recovery process after a bicycle accident can be quite grueling and expensive. However, you can make things much easier for yourself by speaking with an experienced bicycle attorney right away. We will help you file for the recovery of all costs related to lost income, medical bills, property damages, non-financial damages, and other damages, as applicable to your unique case. Start with a free case evaluation by calling us on 713-677-2259.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?