Houston Head-On Collision Accident Lawyer
Over 500 people were killed in head-on collisions in Texas in 2017. This may not seem like a high figure, but over 200 of these occurred in Houston. Furthermore, of the many different ways traffic fatalities can occur (such as run-off accidents, accidents at intersections, sideswipes, and improper lane-changing), head-on collisions represented about 16% of all fatal accident types. Beyond fatalities, head-on collisions also caused thousands of personal injuries, numerous cases of property damage, and permanent disability as well, as reported by the Texas Department of Transportation in a 2017 report.
A head-on collision can very easily lead to serious personal injury, not to mention property damage, as well as fatalities. If you have been involved in such an accident, you will likely not only face the cost of recovery, but lost income due to missing work, the cost of rehab, lower future earning potential, long-term stress, and the uphill task of bringing those responsible for the accident to task.
The Importance of Legal Counsel for Head-On Collision Cases
After an accident, there is nothing more important than getting back on your feet and recovering from your injuries. However, doing so may be easier said than done. Medical care can be prohibitively expensive, and insurance legalese can make it difficult for even the savviest of individuals to navigate the complex world of accident litigation. Without legal counsel, you may miss important filing deadlines or file for an amount that you are unable to justify. You may also find it difficult to gather all of the evidence needed to support your claim, or you may become a victim of shady insurance company practices such as intimidation, low-ball settlement offers, or a lack of communication.
There are other reasons you should seek legal counsel after being involved in a head-on collision, including:
- Determining whether or not your accident qualifies as a head-on collision since it is not always easy to determine whether or not a vehicle accident can be labeled as a head-on collision or otherwise
- Determine who is at fault for the accident – this is especially important because Texas is a no-fault state, meaning you will be covered regardless of who is at fault for an accident, but only up to predetermined amounts
- Knowing who can be sued, and for which damages – on your own, you may not accurately identify all parties responsible for the accident, or you may miss important damages that you are allowed to file a claim for, simply because you were unaware of accident coverage rules and laws
While there is nothing that can replace a lost loved one or a permanently damaged body part or compensate for a life of stress and anxiety that result from a car crash, we will help you get your life back on track by filing for damages for all of the following:
- Lost income as a result of being unable to work
- Lower earning capacity
- Burial and funeral costs in case of a head-on collision fatality
- Replacement or repair of your vehicle
- Emotional trauma, stress, anxiety, depression, or PTSD, as applicable
- Medical costs, including long-term rehabilitative care, medical device costs, doctor visit costs, intensive care costs, transport costs to and from healthcare facilities, and the costs of medical tests
How We Help Head-On Collision Victims
For everyone one of our clients, we do all of the following:
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your case, so you know exactly where things stand and what you need to do
- Gather the evidence needed to support your claim
- Negotiate terms and settlements with the insurance company, the at-fault party, or others (such as vehicle manufacturers or maintenance companies) as needed
- Help you get the medical care and treatment you need
- Find witnesses or identify at-fault parties (as is often needed in hit-and-run cases)
- File a wrongful death claim in the event of death (which is also common in head-on collision cases)
Our Head-On Collision Experts Are Just a Call Away
If you have been involved or injured in a head-on collision, or if a loved one was killed by a negligent accident, we are here to help. Call us today at 713-677-2253 for a thorough evaluation of your case. We will help you identify those at fault and the amounts you can file a claim for. We will also help you gather the evidence needed to file an airtight claim in a Houston court of law. We will also negotiate your claim with insurance agencies and represent you in court if a fair settlement is not made to you. Call now to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car to a Friend and They Were Involved in a Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?