Pasadena Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In Pasadena, motorcycle accidents are common along Highway 225, Interstate 45, the Sam Houston Parkway, and other high-speed roads where drivers are often tempted to speed or change lanes without looking around. It is estimated that about 80% of such over-speeding accidents lead to serious physical injuries or death to riders, compared to only 20% fatalities in car crash over-speeding victims. If you or a loved one is a victim of a motorcycle accident on any of Pasadena’s roads due to the negligence of another road user, your best recourse is to seek help from a top Pasadena, TX motorcycle accident attorney office.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Pasadena, TX
Most Pasadena motorcycle accidents are not caused by motorcyclists but by other drivers. In fact, about three-quarters of such cases involve other vehicles and in many of these cases, the vehicle causing the accident is usually a passenger automobile. In recent Pasadena motorcycle accident cases, 60% of the time, the motorcyclist had the right of way when the accident happened.
Common accident causes in Pasadena are:
- Driver carelessness while lane switching
- Distractions inside or outside the vehicle
- Wrongful overtaking attempts
- Drivers going straight through intersections
- Road hazards such as uneven lanes, potholes, and debris on the road
- Construction zone hazards
- Reduced visibility
- Drivers misjudging a motorcycle’s speed
- Drunk driving
- Flawed motorcycles or mechanical problems
We are passionate about educating Pasadena road users and seeing to it that they are not cheated or exploited by insurance companies. Similarly, our team of lawyers is experienced in motorcycle accident cases and can initiate a claim for you in the event of a motorcycle accident.
How Can Drivers Avoid Motorcycle Accidents?
While the NHTSA requires all motorcyclists to wear helmets for enhanced safety, drivers can do the following to avoid motorcycle accidents:
- Check for blind spots and frequently check side view mirrors for any vehicles before turning, exiting, or entering a lane
- Avoid riding alongside a motorcycle or passing a motorcycle in the same lane. Motorcycles should be allowed to occupy a lane’s entire width on their own, just as a car would
- Motorists should not follow motorcycles too closely since motorcycles have the ability to stop more easily than vehicles. Drivers need to allow at least seven to 10 seconds of space between the car and a motorcycle even while driving within the speed limit
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle injuries range from burns, road rash, and scrapes to death and permanent disability. Riders who are injured in a motorcycle accident may suffer from:
- Bone fractures or broken bones
- Ruptured discs
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and other head injuries
- Severed hands, feet, or limbs
- Internal organ injuries
- Loss of limbs/ amputations
- Road rash
If you believe that any of the above injuries could have been avoided were it not for a negligent road user, our Pasadena, TX motorcycle accident team will represent you in your pursuit for justice. With years of experience representing motorcycle accident victims and winning fair compensation for them, we will take on your case on a no-fee contingency basis.
Pasadena Motorcycle Damage Compensation Areas
We will pair you with one of our legal experts who, depending on the circumstances of your case, will seek compensation for damages and inconveniences such as:
- Bills for your hospital stay, drugs, and doctor bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Funeral/burial costs in the event of the death of a loved one in an accident
- Lost present and future income streams or reduced earning power
How to Get Motorcycle Accident Compensation in Pasadena
You can demand compensation from the driver at fault for losses or injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident by filing a personal injury claim. There are two ways to about this: the claim can be resolved through an out-of-court negotiation with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, or you can resolve the claim in court.
Regardless of how the case progresses, our Pasadena, TX motorcycle accident team will work with you to file and pursue your claim and will provide their expert advice and legal recommendations every step of the way. They do this by following the steps below:
- Investigating your accident – all accident details are gathered to build a solid motorcycle accident claim. The gathered evidence is preserved and used to identify the parties who are potentially at fault, even before your claim is filed.
- Once the at-fault road user is identified, your lawyer will determine which insurance policies apply to your specific case.
- Our lawyer will then send a claim letter notice to the insurance company of the party at fault.
- They then negotiate your settlement with the responsible insurance parties on your behalf, putting all the facts in place to ensure that you get a fair compensation payout.
- Should there be a need to pursue the settlement in court, your attorney will present all facts regarding your case in court and represent you until your case is resolved.
Talk To Us About Your Motorcycle Accident – Free Consultation
For a favorable settlement, you will need a skilled, experienced lawyer who is familiar with insurance company tactics and one who excels at litigation on your side. With a team of seasoned legal veterans on standby to handle your case, you can call us at 713-677-2159 to speak with a legal expert and initiate your compensation and damages claim. Call today.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car to a Friend and They Were Involved in a Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?