When someone gets injured in an accident, sometimes it can take a bit of clever convincing in order to get them to agree to be checked out.
According to a recent story that ran on the Chron.com website, that is exactly what a group of first responders in Tyler, Texas, had to do in order to get an elderly woman to agree to go to the hospital to be examined. Authorities report that Tyler Police and paramedics responded to a welfare call to an elderly woman’s residence last Tuesday. The first responders found the woman on the floor without the strength to stand on her own.
The paramedics checked out the woman at her home and found that while she had no life-threatening injuries at that time, they still thought it was a good idea for her to be examined at an area hospital. Tyler Police Department officers report that she obstinately refused the first responders’ suggestion.
“All I want is a Big Red to drink and I will be fine,” the woman said.
Sergeant Noble, one of the police officers at the scene, promised that he would personally buy her a Big Red; but only if she agreed to go to the hospital to be checked out.
The woman relented, but even one of the paramedics indicated that he was unsure that the promise would be kept.
“I thought he was bluffing so that she would agree to go to the hospital,” a paramedic at the said. “I could hardly believe it when Sergeant Noble arrived minutes later at the hospital with an ice cold Big Red for her.”
A promise kept can mean a lot. For those who have been injured in an accident, it’s important to find a law firm to represent you that will keep the promises that they make to their clients. When you or a loved one has been hurt you want to find someone who will:
- Offer a free initial consultation and legal analysis to go over your case without charging you for that service.
- Arrange for you to meet with an attorney who will be honest and let you know if you have a case and will proceed only with your approval.
- Be the kind of law firm that will do everything possible to ensure you receive the maximum value for your case and seek restitution to cover any hospital bills, medical care, damages, lost wages or other expenses related to your accident.
- Act as your representative to insurance companies and anyone else connected to your case so that you can concentrate on your recovery.
- Treat all of our clients with dignity and respect every step of the way and focus on their best interests and that of their families by being available whenever you need us.
If you or a loved one lives in the greater Houston area and has been hurt in any kind of accident, contact our law offices today to schedule your free consultation at your convenience. There is no cost or obligation to you. We are here to help. Call us at the number on your screen or use our convenient web contact form.