Friendswood, TX Car Accident Attorneys
If there is one thing that is more important than hiring a lawyer in the event of a car accident, it is seeking medical attention. The moment you are safe and stable, however, you should seek legal representation as soon as possible.
Why Seek the Services of an Accident Attorney?
The moment an accident occurs, the insurance companies involved start working on the case to limit or prohibit the claimant’s ability to recover damages for the harm he or she has suffered. Evidence from accidents can easily disappear in days, and at times, within hours. A skilled Friendswood car accident lawyer will see to it that all evidence is well preserved for your lawsuit and compensation claims for car accidents of any type.
Do Not Allow Insurance Companies to Bully You
Insurance companies will try to contact you after an accident to get you to give them a recorded statement. Obliging to this request is not prudent; anything you say can later be used against you in court proceedings. Furthermore, the information you give out shortly after a car accident may or may not be well informed since you might have not realized the full extent of the harm you suffered from the crash while giving your statement.
To avoid this type of legal loophole, all your communications with an insurance company after an accident should pass through an experienced Friendswood auto accident lawyer. The moment an insurance company realizes that you have a lawyer representing you, they will cease trying to contact you and they will no longer try to exploit you.
Establishing and proving the extent of harm that you have suffered are among the most crucial responsibilities of a car accident lawyer. A great lawyer will even recognize harm you sustained but have either ignored or failed to realize, not to mention the legal implications of the accident that may warrant punitive damages. Thus, your lawyer may also file for damages for:
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Loss of property
- Punitive damages
- Medical cost in the future, including the need for treatment, surgery, or a rehab plan
When Should You a Hire Friendswood, TX Car Accident Lawyer?
Friendswood, TX car accident laws allow people to file for financial compensation for all losses resulting from car accidents but only if they are able to prove that the accident resulted from the negligence of another party. Proving this on your own can be quite difficult, especially if you do not have a legal background. At the end of it all, the likeliest outcome will be that you end up arguing your case with the defendant’s lawyers and crafty insurance company representatives in court. Even if you are lucky enough to prove the other party’s negligence, you may not be lucky enough to win compensation that is commensurate with the damage you suffered.
Here are two reasons why any car accident victim in Friendswood should seek help from a skilled auto accident attorney:
- Help in establishing negligence – Alone, establishing negligence can be quite difficult. When car accident liability is being contested, investigation is required to identify the negligent party. A qualified car accident lawyer in Friendswood, TX will know how and where to get proof of negligence in support for your case.
- You could inadvertently admit fault – Every insurance company in the market is in the money-making business. In a bid to minimize the amount they pay you, they could trick or intimidate you into admitting partial or full liability. By contacting our experienced team of Friendswood car accident lawyers, you will have full representation and will be able to steer clear of this type of intimidation. Even if you have already admitted fault that was not yours, it’s never too late, so contact us immediately for help.
What Should You Do When in an Auto Accident in Friendswood, TX?
- Contact our experienced Friendswood auto accident attorneys as soon as you can.
- Note the name of the other driver, their license plate number, their contact information, the name of their insurance company, and their policy number.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including those of other damaged vehicles, if any.
- Fill out the DMV accident report within 72 hours of the accident. This will save you from having your driver’s license suspended.
- Report the accident to your insurance carrier. Ask for an application for sorting out wage losses and medical bills.
- In case you have visible injuries from the accident, take pictures of all of your abrasions, bruises, and cuts. Continue to photographically document your injuries as they visibly change and heal.
- Maintain a log or diary of all of your symptoms and their progress with time. This will be important in compensation negotiations and it also will help your doctor treat your symptoms effectively.
Have an Experienced Friendswood Auto Attorney on Your Side
Our Friendswood auto accident attorneys have decades of experience in offering representation for serious car accidents. We are familiar with the way things work in Friendswood courts and have contacts and connections in the local area. If you’ve suffered in an accident or have sustained serious injuries as a result of a negligent road user, get in touch with us today at 713-677-2159 and we will pair you with the right auto attorney for your case. Consultation is free, our representation fee is fair, and our attorneys will start working on your case right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?