Car Collision Lawyer in Houston, TX
Texas vehicles traveled a combined 275 billion miles in 2017. It is no surprise, then, that in Texas, we see every type of accident and mishap imaginable, from accidents with animals and distracted driving to fatal accidents and crashes that result from malfunctioning vehicle parts. An accident can happen to anyone at any time. It is important that you are covered for any eventuality, and you should know what to do when you have suffered in a car collision.
Types of Car Collision Accidents and the Injuries They Lead To
Car collisions come in many different forms. Here are a few examples of how collisions can occur:
- Drunk driving
- Failure to observe speed limits or follow road signs
- Defective vehicle parts
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Improper lane changes
- Hit-and-run accidents
Thousands of such accidents occur on Texas roadways every year, leading to a wide range of personal injury and property damage cases, including:
- Broken bones
- Pedestrian injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle damage
- Damaged property or personal belongings
What Should You Do if You Have Suffered a Car Collision?
- The first thing to do is to see if you or anyone with you is in need of medical attention and to call an ambulance.
- Next, make sure that everyone is safe, and evacuate the damaged vehicle if it is unsafe to remain inside it.
- Call the police and inform them about the accident.
- If you are able to, speak with passers-by and any on-site witnesses. Collect their contact information.
- Take pictures or videos of the accident scene.
- Call our Houston legal team for further guidance and assistance with the next steps you need to take.
How Will a Car Collision Lawyer Help You After an Accident?
Being the victim of an accident can be a traumatic experience that can lead to shock, and stress, not to mention physical injury. If the accident you were in was caused by a negligent motorist, you should seek legal counsel to learn about how to file a claim to recover damages from the at-fault motorist. Furthermore, you may fall victim to a counterclaim by the at-fault motorist, in which case you may be unfairly implicated in the accident though you were not at fault.
Insurance companies aim to minimize payouts to their clients and third-party claimants, and they regularly resort to underhanded tactics to place the blame for accidents on unsuspecting victims.
A car collision expert will help you by:
- Making sure you file a claim against all parties responsible for the accident
- Ensuring that you seek damages for all losses you suffer as a result of the accident
- Filing all the required paperwork on time and with the right agencies
- Following through with your damages claim when needed
- Obtaining the evidence needed to support your claim, such as police reports, surveillance camera footage, dashcam footage, witness testimonies, and more
- Helping you quantify the dollar value of your claim so that you submit an accurate claim that is backed by data
Damages You Can Claim After a Car Collision
Depending on the severity of your accident and the injuries you sustained in it, you can file a claim for a number of damages based on available insurance coverage limits that include but are not restricted to the following:
- Income lost as a result of being unable to go to work because of your injuries
- Medical treatment for your injuries, including the costs of doctor’s visits, medical assistive devices such as wheelchairs or crutches, physiotherapy costs, medicine, and intensive care costs
- Mental anguish and stress
- Depression, anxiety, or PTSD that arise after your accident
- Punitive damages if it can be proven that the car collision you were involved in was the result of the gross negligence of another party
Call Us Today to Speak with a Houston Car Collision Expert
If you have fallen victim to a car collision of any type – whether a hit-and-run accident, a drunk driving accident, a pedestrian accident, or any other type of road mishap – we are here to help. We specialize in filing car collision claims for our clients and will help you obtain collision evidence, file a claim, negotiate with insurance agencies, and present your case in court if needed.
Call us today for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation at 713-677-2253. Our services are contingency-based, which means we only charge fees once you have won your case and have been paid by those responsible. Call now.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?