Rollover Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
Racecars often come fitted with roll cages. These are cages that are engineered to protect the driver and passengers in a vehicle from being killed or injured in an accident, particularly if a rollover occurs. The roll cage absorbs the brunt of the impact of the rollover and protects the chassis and vehicle occupants from blunt trauma.
The average road vehicle, however, does not come fitted with race-spec roll cages. Rollover accidents occur every year, however, and the economic loss of motor vehicle accidents in Texas was estimated to be $38 billion in 2017 alone. Although nothing can replace a lost limb, the lost life of a loved one, or the pain and suffering that an innocent victim must endure in an accident after-the-fact, you have the right to be compensated for injuries and damages that were caused by a negligent third party.
If you have been involved in a rollover accident and are struggling with medical bills, have a hard time getting your life back on track, or are unsure of what to do next, give us a call. We pride ourselves on our compassion and our understanding of the challenges facing accident victims and will help you file for damages and seek compensation for medical expenses and all other costs associated with your rollover accident.
How a Lawyer Can Help
Major accidents are traumatic, life-altering events, and this is perhaps truer for a rollover accident than most other types of road crashes. Almost 2,000 vehicle drivers, 700 passengers, and 600 pedestrians were killed in vehicle crashes in Texas as of early 2018, many of them in rollover accidents. Not only do serious accidents lead to death and permanent injury, but they can affect numerous individuals and families all at once.
A lawyer can help you in the aftermath of a rollover accident in the following ways:
- Discuss all your legal options, including your rights, in the aftermath of the accident
- Help you find the medical help you need
- Identify those responsible for a rollover accident and file a claim against all parties involved
- Estimate and evaluate the dollar value of your claim
- Collect evidence to help prove your claim for compensation for injuries and damages sustained in the accident
- Meet all filing deadlines
- File for the right damages – filing for the wrong damages or filing for damages against the wrong parties can lead to your claim being refused
Types of Injuries Sustained in Rollover Accidents
The list of injuries and damages that can be sustained in a rollover accident is long, and includes all of the following:
- Blunt-force trauma or crushing leading to death
- Brain, head, and neck injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of organs
- Broken bones
- Simple and compound fractures
- Seatbelt injuries
- Burns and lacerations
- Lost property
- Inability to work
- Lowered future earning potential
- Wrongful death
- Burial and funeral costs
- Long-term rehabilitative care
- Medical expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of service
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Mental distress, depression, or anxiety
Seeking Damages with a Rollover Accident Expert
Estimates of the value of a traffic accident vary, but the average insurance payout for a car accident is about $22,000. This is based on aggregate data from multiple sources. However, because of its nature, a rollover accident will likely leave your vehicle totaled. You will also likely have sustained personal injuries, ranging from a strained neck or a broken collarbone to compound fractures or the loss of a body part.
Insurance companies will often give accident victims a standardized settlement offer well below the actual worth of the victim’s claim. Because the process of winning a fair settlement can be long and arduous, many people instinctively take what they are offered. Don’t make the same mistake; accepting the first offer made by the insurance provider of the at-fault motorist responsible for your rollover accident may leave you with mounting medical bills and lost future income, making it harder and harder for you to keep up and get your life back on track once your settlement payout has been exhausted.
With the help of our legal team, you can file a claim for all current and future medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages that can be linked to the accident – but only if you have the guidance and evidence needed to do so, and that is what we will help you with.
Call Houston’s Leading Rollover Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been involved in a rollover accident, we can help. To file a lawsuit against the responsible party and to ensure that you are compensated fully for all of your injuries and the damages you’ve sustained, call us at 713-677-2253. Pay nothing until we win your case. Our team is on standby to help you get your life back on track so call now.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?