Truck Accident Attorneys in Pearland, TX
With the aim of maximizing profits and delivering orders on time, commercial truck companies often emphasize speed over safety. This places many motorists in the vulnerable position of being at risk of death or serious injuries in a truck-related accident.
Even though accidents that involve big trucks are more likely to lead to catastrophic injuries or fatalities, trucking companies and their insurers fight hard against victims with the intention of limiting compensation payouts. This makes it important to have a professional legal expert on your side to guard your rights during the entire claims process.
Our Pearland, TX truck accident attorneys have handled hundreds of property damage, injury, and wrongful death claims against big trucking companies and their insurance carriers. The lawyer we assign to your claim will be familiar with the ins and outs of Federal Motor Carrier Safety rules, and this guarantees a high probability of success for your case.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
Based on data provided by the Federal Carrier Safety Administration, roughly 5000 people are killed and 130,000 are injured annually in the United States in trucking accidents. Some examples and types of common truck accidents are:
- Truck rollovers
- Wide turns
- Tire blowouts
- Blind spots
- Lost load
- T-bone accidents
- Head on collisions
Regardless of the cause of the accident and its impact, you need a good lawyer on your side to explain your legal options to you and to defend your rights.
What Are The Major Causes of Trucking Accidents?
Many truck accidents are a result of negligence on the part of a truck driver. Our lawyers will file a claim and will strive to prove such negligence to get you the compensation package you deserve. Some of the forms of negligence are:
- Driver Fatigue
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Poor truck maintenance
- Equipment failure
- Driver inexperience
- Distracted driving
- Frequent lane changing
- Aggressive driving
- Ignoring road conditions
Determining Fault in Truck Accident Cases
We are in the business of seeing our clients win the compensation they deserve. Our truck accident attorneys will investigate all factors related to your claim to prove the fault of the negligent driver and make the responsible parties accountable for your damages and suffering. Parties to be held responsible may include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- A maintenance contractor
Collecting Evidence for a Truck Accident Claim
After a trucking accident, trucking companies and their insurers usually start investigations immediately. The reason behind this is that they try to shift fault, and/or limit the compensation expenses they are likely to incur for the accident. With a good truck accident lawyer on your side, though, you need not worry about this. Our lawyers carry out investigations on your behalf and gather the evidence needed to prove that the truck driver owed you a duty of care which he or she violated, and as a result of this violation, an accident that led to damages occurred. Evidence may be collected from:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements or reports
- Testimony/reports from accident reconstruction experts
- Accident scene photos
- Traffic camera footage
- Recordings of the truck driver admitting fault
- Data from the truck’s data recorder (black box)
- Mobile phone records
What Makes a Good Truck Accident Attorney?
Other than gathering evidence and filing a claim on your behalf, an accident lawyer will take care of a number of critical tasks for your claim. Part of this will be handling all relevant paperwork so that you can focus on your day-to-day routine. Our lawyers will also take care of all negotiations and court proceedings with your best interests in mind.
However, not just any attorney you come across will be able to get you optimal results. Here are a few key qualities of a good truck accident attorney that you should look out for:
- Experience – The lawyer you choose for your claim should have a track record of winning similar cases and getting clients the settlements they deserve.
- Attention to detail – Even the smallest of factors in an auto or truck accident can have a huge effect on the entire claim. A good lawyer is extremely thorough when building a case for his or her client. Paying close attention to details will maximize your opportunities for winning compensation.
- Resourcefulness – To win a damages claim, your lawyer should have access to a wide range of resources. This includes having a skilled legal team and access to expert witnesses and researchers. The lawyers’ resources should at least match those of the responsible trucking company or insurance carrier.
- Interpersonal skills – You should be comfortable around your lawyer. A great lawyer will also show empathy.
Why Choose our Pearland, TX Truck Accident Attorneys?
- No initial consultation fee.
- You pay nothing until your case is won.
- We provide results-oriented services.
- Expert guidance on each step of the process.
- Compassionate representation.
- Open and responsive communication.
- Expert negotiations with insurance carriers for maximum compensation.
- Decades of experience in truck accident claims.
- A track record of winning truck accident cases.
Talk to a Truck Accident Lawyer About Your Case
Our team of experienced truck-accident lawyers are on standby to help you file and pursue a damages claim. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you. Start your claim process by filling in details about your accident here and schedule a free consultation with our legal panel. Call us now on 713-677-2179.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?