Stafford, TX Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a car accident in Stafford, you may have questions about how to pay for medical bills or how to relieve the financial difficulties your family is experiencing. If the cause of the car accident was the negligence of another party, you have no need to worry. Stafford, TX accident laws entitle you to seek full compensation for injuries or damages from accidents caused by other parties.
Our skilled team of Stafford auto accident attorneys has the experience and the legal know-how you need to help you navigate the complex landscape of insurance claims, car accident laws, and case filing for damages. We can help you get your life back on track, and with each auto accident claim that our Stafford auto accident lawyers make, the goal is the same: pursuing maximum compensation for the client.
Our team will:
- Investigate the accident and identify all parties that are potentially liable.
- Identify all available insurance policies to file against for compensation.
- Pursue maximum compensation to help you recover both physically and financially.
Common Types of Auto Accidents in Strafford
Based on a recent National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report, auto accidents are among the leading causes of death in young people in the 50 states. Roughly 34% of critical car accidents are attributed to driver-related decision errors such as speeding, driving aggressively, or failing to yield. About 10% of all accidents are caused by performance errors or other factors, including a loss of control and weather conditions.
We are ready to help you through any of the following car crash cases:
1. Intersection Accidents
Collisions at intersections are common when drivers do not yield properly to oncoming traffic or make turns without looking out for other cars, pedestrians, and/or bicyclists.
2. Head-on Accidents
When two cars hit directly head-on, the momentum doubles, increasing the intensity of the collision and resulting in extreme injuries. A head-on collision may be caused by a distracted or drowsy driver, a drunk driver, or even a motorist turning into oncoming traffic.
3. Rear End Crashes
In case a driver is speeding or following a car too closely, he or she may fail to stop in time should the car in front brake or reduce its speed. The main cause of rear-end crashes is tailgating.
4. Sideswipe Accidents
Motorists commonly cause sideswipe accidents when they try to change lanes without looking. This is common when drivers turn too widely and cross out of their lanes and when cars drift from their own lanes.
5. Side-Impact Collisions
Also known as T-bone crashes, side impact collisions are known to result in a high rate of fatality because the side of a vehicle provides, at best, minimal protection to motorists from the force of the wreck. These types of accidents are common when drivers do not yield or pay attention on the road and end up hitting cars crossing in front of them at an intersection.
Our Stafford, TX car accident attorney team is here to help if your injuries were caused by:
- Vehicle malfunction – Faulty manufacturing or brakes, gear, or tires that fail, or a lack of timely maintenance
- Unsafe roads – wrongly placed road signs, broken roadbeds, roadway design flaws, pooled water from bad drainage, obstruction from overgrown trees, or unsafe weather
- Distracted driving – Cell phone use, eating, reading maps/GPS etc. while driving
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
Injuries Common in Vehicle Accidents
Based on the type of injury and its extent, an accident victim will likely face a long and expensive recovery process. With an experienced Stafford, TX car accident attorney on your side, we will help you win compensation not just for property and vehicle damage but for injuries such as:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Internal organ trauma
- Psychological injury
- Broken bones
- Spinal Cord Injury
You should not overlook the emotional toll of an auto accident. A person who experiences a serious injury or is faced with the death of a loved one could end up suffering post-traumatic stress disorder (PSTD). In this case, there may be a need for hospitalization, counseling, rehabilitation, and a potentially lengthy recovery. This will definitely cost money, thus the importance of claiming compensation from the responsible party with an experienced Stafford auto accident lawyer.
Why You Should Take Legal Action After a Car Accident
For every accident, it is important to determine culpability. The entity or person responsible for the accident is required by Stafford auto accident laws to provide compensation to victims for losses including:
- Current and future medical bills resulting from the accident, or medical costs incurred before death
- Property damage
- Vehicle repairs
- Lost wages resulting from missed work, including vacation days
- A permanent loss of income or a reduction of income as a result of injuries or death
- Anxiety and emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for the loss of companionship
- Wrongful death damages
As an accident victim, you can pursue monetary damages for your losses in two ways.
- Reaching a settlement with the responsible insurance company, or
- Pursuing justice in court by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Both of these require you to present sufficient evidence showing that the driver causing the accident broke the rules of the road or was unreasonably careless. Evidence could include eyewitness testimonies, police reports, photos from the scene of the accident, and expert testimonies from accident reconstruction experts. A good lawyer will help you gather such evidence and prove it in a court of law.
We Are Here to Ease Your Burden
If all motorists obeyed the law and drove carefully, accidents would be minimized. In addition, there would less need to seek expert representation if insurance companies paid claims fairly. Unfortunately, in this imperfect world of driver recklessness and negligence and insurance dishonesty, you need someone experienced in Stafford auto accident law to represent you in the event of an accident.
Contact us now at 713-677-2159 to set up a free consultation with top Stafford, TX car accident attorneys and to file a car accident claim. We will review details of your accident and walk you through all of your legal options.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?