Sugar Land, TX Car Accident Attorneys
Although the court, your insurance company, and other parties involved with you in an accident will thoroughly review the causes and effects of the accident, they may not look very favorably at your personal circumstances when consigning culpability for the accident. Regardless of the cause of your accident, whether that be a mechanical fault, road conditions, or the actions of others on the road, a good auto accident lawyer can help you fight for your rights and win compensation if you’ve been wronged or harmed in a car accident.
The same applies if a negligent road user caused the accident. With the right representation, you can file for fair compensation to help cover medical bills, losses of income, funeral bills, and other financial inconveniences that you suffered as a result of the accident.
Types of Accidents That Sugar Land Car Attorneys Handle
While a number of accident lawyers in Sugar Land, TX specialize in specific accidents, below are a few of the different types of accident cases that our team covers for the Sugar Land area.
- Car/truck collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Drinking and Driving Accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Semi-truck/18-wheeler cases
- Runaway trailer cases
- ATV and boat accidents
One of our Sugar Land car accident lawyers can help you win fair compensation for yourself or your loved one in the event of an auto accident. Compensation differs from case to case, but a competent attorney will look at all case-specific details to see that you are covered from every possible angle.
What To Do After a Car Accident in Sugar Land, Texas
If you’ve been involved in a car accident anywhere in Texas, you should be ready to act in accordance with state law.
- Contact a reputable Sugar Land car accident attorney. We are here to help you find the right attorney for your specific set of circumstances.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident. This will not only help you know what happens after the accident, but it also will keep you from having your license suspended.
- If you have not been severely injured, assist other passengers or motorists who may have been injured during the accident. When you do this, be careful when trying to move an injured person. The best option is to notify 911 and waiting for an ambulance to arrive at the scene. You may also inform highway patrol officers or local Texas police personnel. When injured in a car accident, try to stay calm.
- Gather information from other parties involved in the accident, including their names, contact information, license plate number, and driver license number. It is also important that you take photos of the scene of the accident. This can serve as useful evidence in a court of law.
- As soon as possible, report the accident to the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT). A driver’s crash report has to be submitted within ten days of an accident. With the help of a Sugar Land, TX car accident lawyer, you can file such a report in a manner that favors you.
How a Sugar Land, TX Car Accident Lawyer Will Help You
While you might be able to pick up some of the more obvious details from an accident scene, an experienced car accident attorney will be able to identify and record accident-specific details that the average person is likely to miss.
Filing an Accident Report
Because the law is often complex, you might find it hard to file a report that works in your favor. However, a lawyer experienced in Texas car accident cases will know how to gather proper evidence for the success of your case. Our lawyers can help you retain your driving privileges and win compensation for all subsequent medical expenses after an accident.
An accident report includes information on your insurance coverage. The DOT cross-checks your details with the insurance company included in the report. If you did not have liability insurance at the time that the accident happened, you will need to pay a yearly surcharge of $250, otherwise, you risk the suspension of your license.
Negotiating With Your Insurance Company
Insurance companies are known for trying all they can to reduce claim compensation amounts. In addition to this, they have lawyers skilled in Texas accident law who are hired to negotiate with accident victims to reduce the amount of compensation the victims are willing to accept. You need a skilled accident attorney on your side who will assist you get the compensation you truly deserve.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
We invite you to share with us your accident details for a free consultation and assessment of your case. Call us on 713-677-2159. Whether you accidentally caused a crash and thus are liable for damages, or if a negligent party caused the accident, we will help you fight your case. Our team of experienced legal professionals has a winning track record and we focus on getting our clients the compensation they are entitled to. Do not suffer in silence and contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?