Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Sugar Land, TX
A report by NTHSA shows that every year, an average of 700 people die nationwide in bicycle accidents. Such cases are common in urban areas such as Sugar Land since bicyclists rarely get a fair share of public roadways. Drivers often:
- Drive aggressively or carelessly near bicyclists
- Fail to see and/or look for bicyclists
- Fail to recognize the safe amount of space needed by a bicyclist
- Turn or change lanes unexpectedly without looking for bicyclists
- Fail to give cyclists the right of way
- Cut off cyclists
- Engage in reckless driving behavior such as DUIs or texting while driving
Whether an accident results from aggressiveness, carelessness, or ignorance, bicyclists often face higher risk levels while on the road. This makes it important to hire a skilled attorney who can help you file for the compensation you deserve in the event of an accident that was caused by someone else. This will help you get back on your feet and pay for bills that accrue during the recovery period.
Our experienced bicycle accident lawyers will help you build a strong case and fight for the highest compensation possible for injuries including:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Broken bones and fractures
- Paralysis/spinal cord injuries
- Limb amputations
- Knocked out or broken teeth
- Back injuries
How Our Lawyers Will Help in Your Case
Our auto accident lawyers have deep expertise when it comes to auto and roadway laws in Texas. This puts us in a unique position to file a watertight and complete claim on your behalf. Some of the more critical services our attorneys will provide to you after an accident include:
- Helping you understand complex accident and injury laws, as well as your legal options after an accident
- Getting you the medical care you need
- Gathering all of your medical bills to use in the claims process
- Gathering the evidence needed to back your accident claim
- Identifying and proving fault/liability for the accident
- Partnering with experts to calculate the total financial impact of the accident, including lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Negotiating with insurance companies and adjustors to get you a fair settlement/long-term compensation for your injuries
- Offering litigation services when the need arises
Do Vehicle Insurance Plans Offer Coverage for Bicycle Accidents in Sugar Land, TX?
Yes. The policy of the motorist who hit you will cover for any damages or injuries you sustain in the accident. If you have your own car insurance policy, our lawyers can help you get the maximum compensation amount allowed by your policy, especially if your accident was caused by a hit-and-run driver.
How Much is a Sugar Land Bicycle Accident Claim Worth?
The amount of compensation you can get from a bicycle accident is dependent on the unique circumstances of your accident. Our Sugar Land bicycle accident lawyers offer personalized representation and will strive to get you the compensation you deserve and are entitled to for:
- Medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident, including present and future or long-term medication, medical bills, special doctor appointments, intensive care unit bills, therapy, rehabilitation, transport costs to medical facilities, and future doctor visits
- Lost wages
- Reduced ability to earn
- Property (bicycle) damages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If your loved one died from a bicycle accident, we can help you file a wrongful death claim against the negligent road user as well. For this, our lawyers will gather evidence and make a case to collect compensation for:
- Burial and funeral bills
- Lost service
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of financial support if the loved one was a breadwinner
- Pain and suffering of the loved one before death
- Medical bills incurred by the diseased
- A potential loss of inheritance
While bicyclists should always wear a helmet, no helmet can completely protect cyclists from drivers who are careless, drunk, or distracted. Also, there currently are no universal helmet laws enforced in Texas. This means that, whether you had a helmet during the accident or not, you deserve full and fair compensation for losses and injuries sustained.
Assessing Fault in a Bicycle Accident
Texas Law treats bicyclists on the road in a similar way as vehicles on the road. They have the same rights as motorcycles and cars, only with a few exemptions. The following parties may be held liable for losses and damages that occur in a bicycle accident:
- Negligent vehicle, truck, or bus drivers
- The state, county, or city administration if the accident resulted from unsafe road conditions
- Repair shops if the accident was caused by negligent vehicle repair
- Bike retailers or manufacturers if a defective bicycle part led to the accident
- Private or public property owners if negligent design, upkeep, or maintenance caused the accident
Our Sugar Land Bicycle Accident Lawyers are Here to Help
Our team of auto accident experts and bicycle injury lawyers can be reached at 713-677-2159 to help with filing a claim for injuries and damages sustained in a bicycle accident in Sugar Land, TX. Call us today for a free case evaluation. Your case will be handled on a contingency basis and you pay nothing until we win your case and compensation is awarded.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?