Truck Accident Attorneys in Sugar Land, TX
Truck accidents cause major fatalities and result in some of the most complex personal injury claims of all. For the most part, trucking companies have the resources and retain the most highly sophisticated and experienced lawyers in order to mitigate their liability in the event of a trucking accident. Furthermore, insurers try to settle claims outside the court in a bid to pay less for damages.
Our team of skilled truck accident lawyers in Sugar Land can handle your truck accident claim on your behalf. We are well versed in the legalese used in the claims and insurance space, and the legal expert we assign to your case will take every legal precaution to protect you from being extorted or misled by the trucking or insurance companies responsible for your compensation. We do this by aggressively negotiating with insurance carriers and the trucking companies themselves. We also provide court representation if those responsible cannot or do not pay you what you rightfully deserve.
We will help you file for damages for injuries such as:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neurological disorders
Why are Truck Accidents Common in Sugar Land?
Part of trucking is meeting tight deadlines and reducing driver downtime. This results in over-aggressive delivery deadlines, as well as fatigue and feeling drowsy behind the wheel for hours on end. Other causes of trucking accidents include:
- Driver negligence – Failure to comply with road laws
- Trucking company negligence – Hiring inexperienced drivers
- Inadequate truck maintenance
- Faulty truck design or faulty components
- Tire blowouts
- Brake failures
- Aggressive driving
- Drunk driving
- Improper maintenance of roadways
- Defective/hazardous roadways
Whatever caused your trucking accident, we will identify the responsible party and strive to prove their fault in order to win a fair settlement for your injuries and damages.
The Process for Truck Accident Litigation
Below are the steps involved in truck accident insurance claims.
– Investigation: As soon as the truck driver and his or her company learn about the accident, they will dispatch a team to the crash scene to gather evidence to defend property damage, wrongful death, or a personal injury claim against themselves.
To counter this, our trucking accident lawyers will collect crash scene evidence as well and can represent you right from the scene of the accident. We advise all our clients to refrain from providing recorded statements or signing any offers from insurers without legal counsel on their side.
– Negotiation: Studies have shown that insurers do not handle individual victims the same way they handle victims represented by attorneys. Insurers often take advantage of naïve and unrepresented victims and deny them the compensation they deserve.
Our truck accident attorneys have years of experience in handling insurance negotiations and will aggressively negotiate on your behalf in an effort to secure the highest compensation payout possible.
– Filing a lawsuit: If a truck accident causes wrongful death to a loved one or a serious injury to you, our lawyers offer litigation services for seeking full and fair compensation. The same applies if the insurer responsible for covering the truck driver or the trucking company is not willing to compensate you with a fair payout. We can also help in filing a punitive damages claim against the truck driver or the trucking company.
Whom Can You File a Truck Accident Claim Against?
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- Merchants involved with either of the above
- The insurance provider covering the trucking company
- Your insurance company for injuries beyond what the trucking company insurer can cover
- The person in charge of truck maintenance/repair
- The truck manufacturer
- City, state, county, or federal government for inadequate safety signs on dangerous roads
Can I Hire an Attorney Even if I am at Fault?
The Texas law of proportionate responsibility allows you to recover partial damages if you were 50% or less responsible for an accident. Hiring a lawyer can help you in reducing the extent of fault for which you are liable while potentially increasing the compensation figure you can seek from the responsible truck driver. Simply put, the degree to which you contributed to the accident will reduce your settlement amount, and if your fault is more than 51%, you will not be in a position to recover anything.
Why Choose Our Truck Accident Attorneys in Sugar Land
- Years of experience representing truck and auto accident victims
- An experienced team of local, known, and respected legal experts
- Having worked with and for insurers, our lawyers are conversant with the various techniques used by insurance companies to mitigate their liability and will use that expertise to your benefit
- We offer personalized and obligation-free services on a contingency basis
- Our lawyers are good communicators and show empathy to clients
- We keep all of our clients updated with the progress of their case
- We involve practitioners such as medical doctors and economists to determine the extent of your damages in order to establish grounds for pursuing compensation
- We are available 24/7 and if you cannot come to us, we will send an experienced truck accident lawyer to the accident scene, the hospital, your home, or your office.
Our Truck Accident Experts are Just a Call Away
Contact us to discuss your claim at no charge. We will walk you through all of your legal options and will outline what your best next steps are, what you need to do, what services we can provide, and what you can expect while your truck accident claim is being pursued. Call now at 713-677-2159 to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?