Shenandoah Car Accident Lawyer
By far, car accidents are the number one cause of transportation-related injuries in Shenandoah and in the United States at large. The consequences of such accidents are, at times, unbearable for many, and when caused by a negligent party, the only prudent thing to do is to seek recovery and damages from those responsible.
Regardless of how complex your auto accident claim is, our legal experts can help you with filing a claim. We offer personalized representation and will pursue compensation from all legal avenues open to you so that you can get back on your feet as quickly as possible.
When Should You Hire a Shenandoah Car Accident Lawyer?
Not all car accidents require expert legal representation. An attorney only becomes necessary if the accident led to serious injuries that warrant medical attention, or if the accident detracts you from your daily routine and lowers your quality of life. If an auto accident led to the damage of substantial property, you could also hire a lawyer to seek compensation on your behalf.
Other instances in which you should consider hiring a lawyer include:
When an accident leads you to lose significant wages or time from work
- When your car has been damaged
- If you suffer permanent pain from the accident
- You lost consortium after an injury to your spouse – A consortium claim will encompass every negative effect on your marital relationship including the loss of affection, love, companionship, support, and sexual relations
- If the accident led to the death of a loved one
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer by Your Side
All states require vehicle owners to have car accident insurance. However, insurers are known for trying to avoid paying fair compensation amounts to their customers, even if such clients have been paying premiums for years.
Our auto accident lawyers have experience in dealing with such insurers and will hold negotiations on your behalf to get you a fair settlement. If the insurer fails to offer a fair compensation package, our lawyers will not hesitate to seek justice for you in a court of law.
In addition to conducting insurance negotiations on your behalf, other roles played by our lawyers include:
- Explaining your legal options to you
- Gathering evidence
- Getting you the medical attention you need, when you need it
- Proving fault of the responsible party
There is a wide range of different factors that can lead to an accident. However, irrespective of what led to your injuries or losses, we will fight for the justice you deserve. Based on the situation, evidence gathered from the accident scene, police reports, and eyewitness testimony, our auto accident lawyers will seek to prove fault by showing that the responsible driver was:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving/ texting while driving
- Driving aggressively
- Driving carelessly/negligently
Compensation for a Shenandoah Car Accident
Our goal is getting you a compensation package that is fair and will get you back to the physical and financial state you enjoyed at before the accident to the highest possible extent. To do this, we will help you seek damages for:
- Medical bills incurred from the accident – This includes special doctor appointments, intensive care unit bills, transport to health facilities, emergency medical services, prescriptions, therapy, and rehabilitation
- Property damage
- Loss of income
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
In the event of the wrongful death of a loved one, our lawyers will help you claim compensation for the loss of the company, support, family income, and inheritance of your loved one, as well as for funeral bills and burial expenses. Other settlement figures that can be claimed may include medical bills incurred by the deceased before death, pain and suffering, and emotional anguish.
Comparative Fault in Shenandoah Car Accident Cases
Texas accident claims are handled on the principle of contributory negligence. This implies that you are only entitled to compensation after a car accident to the extent to which you contributed to the accident. For example, if you were at 20% fault, you will only get 80% of the losses incurred as compensation.
Punitive Damages in Shenandoah Car Accident Claims
If a car accident was caused by gross negligence or a willful act of the at-fault driver, we can help you file a punitive damages claim. Punitive damages punish the wrongdoer for their actions in order to deter such behavior in the future and to get you more in compensation from the responsible party’s assets to complement what insurance companies may offer.
Call for Expert Representation Today
If the negligence of another road user led to your accident, you should seek compensation from them to cover all of the losses and expenses you suffered as a result of their actions. Our lawyers are here to help you in this regard and to get you the settlement you deserve. Above all, we are here to help you get back on your feet and get your life back in order. We are available round the clock and if you are not in a position to come to us, we will send a car accident expert to the accident scene, your home, office, or hospital bed. Get started with a free case evaluation and consultation by calling 713-677-2159.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car to a Friend and They Were Involved in a Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?