Man Electrocuted in Hotel Pool due to Faulty Wiring
Negligent homicide charges have been filed in connection with the death of a man who was electrocuted at a hotel pool in Houston when the pool lights switched on at dusk. The charges were filed against electricians who did work at the pool by the Houston Police Department. HPD said in a statement that the repair work was performed in a “substandard fashion,” which led to a pool light shorting. This was the direct cause that led to the electrocution death of Raul Hernandez, 27, on August 31st of 2013. Hernandez and his family were swimming at the Hilton Houston Westchase when the pool lights came on and those in the pool began to complain of being shocked. Hernandez swam to the deep end of the pool in order to help his younger brother, who survived, according to a civil lawsuit filed in the case. Hernandez needed help from bystanders to get out and went into cardiac arrest. He died at a Houston hospital on September 6th. The transmission of electricity for any purpose is one that has to be done safely otherwise serious injury or death can result. There are certain building codes for structures which include guidelines of how jobs such as wiring is performed in order to maintain the safety of everyone. Not to follow such guidelines opens a contracting company or electrician to serious liabilities. Electrocutions and fires can result if codes are not followed. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an accident of any kind, give our offices a call. You have certain rights guaranteed by law and we are here to help. Our lawyers have many years of experience dealing with personal and bodily injury lawsuits. They will take the time to discuss your case with you and can help you to decide the best course of action to take. An attorney can make all the difference to you in cases that involve either an accident or accidental death.