Pearland Bicycle Accident Lawyer
According to an NTHSA bicycle accident report, over 70% of all bicycle accidents in the US occur in urban areas. Pearland is not an exception to the norm. Here, bicyclists rarely get fair use of the road. This is because drivers often:
- Fail to see or look for bicyclists.
- Drive aggressively or carelessly near bicycles.
- Fail or refuse to recognize the safe amount of road that a bicycle requires.
Regardless of whether a bicycle accident results from aggressive driving, carelessness, or ignorance, cyclists are placed at a higher risk level than many other road users. Severe injuries such as traumatic brain injury, fractured or broken bones, paralysis/spinal cord injuries, and concussions are common with bicycle accidents. If any of these happen to you, it is only fair you seek fair compensation to cover medical bills, losses, and other inconveniences that you suffer as a result of the accident until you are fully recovered.
How do you go about this? Our Pearland, TX bicycle accident attorney team is ready to help you through all of the legal processes involved in filing for a claim and fighting for fair compensation.
Types of Compensation That You Can Seek
Our skilled bicycle accidents in Pearland have helped victims win accident suits for many years. With decades of experience, local knowledge, and a commitment to pursuing our clients’ best interests, you can count on our attorney’s capabilities in bringing a negligent road user to task. We understand the serious consequences of bicycle accidents and fight to get our clients full and fair compensation for:
- Current and future medical bills resulting from the bicycle accident.
- Rehabilitation costs, emergency medical service costs, and special doctor appointment costs.
- Bicycle/property damage.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional and psychological trauma.
- Deprived enjoyment of life.
- Loss of consortium.
- Lost income.
- Reduced ability to earn in the future.
- Any other damage/loss incurred. Just name it and we will file for it.
Our team can prove the negligence of other road users responsible for a road accident by determining whether the responsible motorist failed to yield, whether he or she was intoxicated while driving, if he or she was distracted, fatigued, or not fully focused, or if there is anything else that can be used to prove that the accident resulted from the driver’s negligence. The attorney working on your case will use all of the following to do so:
- Police reports
- Crash scene evidence
- Witness accounts
- Cell phone records
- Other options such as toxicology reports
What You Should Do Immediately After a Bicycle Accident in Pearland
Waiting might cost you! Evidence after an accident becomes increasingly difficult to gather as time passes. Our Pearland team of bicycle accident attorneys are on standby for consultation, and you can talk to us as soon as an accident occurs. On top of talking to a lawyer after an accident, you should follow the steps below to help us build your case:
- Seek medical attention – While minor injuries might not seem worthy of filing a claim for, they could be signs of major injuries such as internal organ damages, soft tissue damage, or brain injury. You must undergo a full medical examination as soon as possible after the accident. Doing so will also give you the grounds you need to fight for fair coverage of your physical injuries.
- Collect as much accident evidence as you can. Do not repair or throw away your bicycle or any gear you had during the crash. Take and keep photos of your injuries and the crash scene and collect contact details from people who may have witnessed the accident. Document the responsible vehicle’s registration number, the driver’s name, and their insurance details if you are able to do so. Additionally, keep all bills, medical records, and letters that responsible insurance companies send you in relation to the accident.
- File a police report – You can visit the online purchase site of the Texas transportation department to obtain an accident report. You can also obtain the report by contacting a law enforcement agency near you. If you are unable to do any of these, our bicycle accident lawyers will be happy to get the report for you.
- Do not accept a settlement offer – Before speaking to your insurance company or that of the at-fault driver, you should first speak to a lawyer. Insurance companies are in the business of maximizing profits and will likely give you low compensation offers. Let a Pearland auto accident lawyer pursue your compensation case for best results.
- Do not give recorded statements – What you say might be used against you. Let a competent attorney take care of your case instead.
Talk to a Skilled Pearland, TX Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, you should immediately take action to have the party responsible for the accident cover all your losses. Our lawyers are experts at handling insurance negotiations, and we work to ensure that our clients get just the right damage compensation they deserve. If those responsible for the accident do not come through with a fair compensation package, we will not hesitate to get you the justice you deserve in a civil court. Schedule a free consultation with a Pearland auto accident lawyer here or call us now at 713-677-2179.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car to a Friend and They Were Involved in a Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?