Kemah Rideshare Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer
Uber and Lyft have rapidly grown their services footprint all across the country. They have grown considerably in Kemah, TX as well and provide the public with competitive and convenient transportation services, even at very short notice. With their rise in popularity, however, the frequency of accidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles have also risen. Fortunately, Texas law allows you to claim damages and compensation if you’ve been affected in a ridesharing accident that was the fault of a negligent third party.
Our Kemah, TX Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are here to work for your best interests. Regardless of how complicated your ridesharing claim may be, you can count on us for seasoned and experienced legal counsel – including courtroom representation, insurance negotiations, and evidence collection.
How Rideshare Accident Claims Differ from Ordinary Accidents
One thing that sets Uber and Lyft claims apart is that more than one insurance company is usually involved in such cases. As a result, it can be difficult determining who from amongst multiple players is responsible for paying settlements.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for Ridesharing Accident Damages?
The injured party in an Uber or Lyft accident is typically:
- The rideshare driver
- A passenger in the rideshare vehicle
- A passenger or driver in the other vehicle that the rideshare car collides with
- Road users such as motorcyclists, pedestrians, and bicyclists
Like ordinary taxicabs drivers, rideshare drivers are the primary carriers. As such, they are required to exercise a high level of caution, diligence, and skill when transporting passengers.
Based on the nature of the accident, our Uber and Lyft lawyers will help you file a claim against:
- Uber or Lyft
- The Uber or Lyft driver
- Uber of Lyft’s insurance company
- The ridesharing driver’s insurance company
Liability Coverage for Ridesharing Companies
When the rideshare app is on but the driver is not carrying any passenger, the following coverages apply should he or she have an accident:
- 50,000 coverage for each person for primary automobile liability, bodily injuries, or death
- 100,000 cover for bodily injury, death, and car liability per incidence
- Property damage liability of $25,0000 per incidence
- Personal injury protection and an uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
Rideshare Liability Cover When Carrying a Passenger
- At least $1 million for primary automobile coverage for property damage, bodily injury, or death
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage for personal injury protection
When the Rideshare App Is Not in Use
In case a rideshare app is turned off at the time an accident happens, Uber and Lyft insurance policies do not apply. The driver is required to use their insurance cover for damages.
How Much Is an Uber or Lyft Accident Claim Worth?
Provided you’re in a position to prove fault after a rideshare accident, you can file for compensation and damages for a wide range of damages and injuries, including:
- Personal injuries
- Health costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of service
- Lost wages
- Lost consortium
- Reduced earning capacity
A Wrongful Death Claim in Rideshare Accidents
Should an Uber or Lyft accident lead to the death of a loved one, our lawyers will step in to help you in filing a wrongful death suit. This will be to file for and pursue damages such as:
- The potential loss of inheritance
- Burial and funeral bills
- Loss of support formerly provided by a family breadwinner
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before death
- Medical bills incurred by the deceased
If you feel that your Kemah Uber or Lyft accident resulted from the willful act of a road user or out of gross negligence, we can assist you in filing a punitive damages claim that is intended to not only win you extra damages from the at-fault motorist but to deter similar behavior by other drivers in the future.
What Damages Is a Rideshare Driver Entitled To?
If you are an Uber or Lyft driver, you can claim compensation for losses after an accident as well, more so if you have good representation. We will help you seek recovery for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damages if your car was damaged
- Lost wages – this will include the money you’ll be unable to earn during the recovery period after an accident
- Rental car costs – You cannot offer rideshare services in a rented car but you can seek settlement for the expenses you incur renting a car before yours is repaired
Talk to Us Today – Free Case Evaluation
Whether you sustained damages as a rideshare driver, passenger, or third party, our lawyers are here to help you through the stressful time after your accident. We offer all our clients with free, no-obligation consultation and case evaluation to discuss your legal options, learn about collecting evidence, discuss how to prove fault, and chalk up a plan to recover all the damages you are legally entitled to. Call now at 713-677-2179 to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car to a Friend and They Were Involved in a Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?