Fatal Car Accident Attorneys in Kemah, TX
In 2017, Texas experienced a 1.92% decrease in traffic fatalities. While this is good progress, traffic fatalities are still a major concern in the state as they claim thousands of lives every year. Most of these accidents are caused by negligence on the part of motorists in the form of:
- Distracted driving/ texting while driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to follow lane-changing rules
- Running through a red light or a stop sign
- Driving under adverse weather conditions
- Driving unmaintained vehicles
- Drunk driving
- Driver inexperience
Fortunately, all Kemah drivers are required by law to carry relevant auto insurance coverage. This means that should you or a loved one experience a fatal accident, you can always seek compensation either from the responsible driver’s insurer or even from your personal insurance cover.
We understand how complicated it can be making a claim, especially if you lack relevant experience in insurance policies and auto/driving laws. For this reason, we are ready to represent you. Our fatal car accident attorney team in Kemah offers personalized representation for fatal accidents of all types.
Proving a Fatal Accident Claim
To succeed in your claim, we need to prove that the traffic fatality your family suffered was directly the result of the negligence of the defendant. A defendant, in this case, could be:
- The driver who caused the accident
- An employer of the driver
- A mechanic or technician
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer
We will work to prove the defendant’s negligence by ascertaining that:
- You deserved a duty of care from the responsible party
- The party in question breached that duty of care
- From that breach, an accident occurred
- Fatalities or death resulted from the accident
Proving the above will give your claim grounds for compensation for damages that result from the accident.
Gathering Evidence for a Fatal Accident
With years of experience in the field, our fatal accident lawyers in Kemah know how to gather evidence and how to expertly present it. The evidence we gather can come from:
- Accident scene photos – skid marks, vehicle damage, road landscape damage, and so on
- Video footage from surveillance cameras
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Statements made by accident reconstruction officials
- Vehicle dashboard cameras
- Recordings of the responsible driver admitting fault
- DUI reports by police to prove drunk driving
- Speedometer readings to prove speeding
- Phone activity to determine distracted driving
Seeking Damages in a Fatal Accident
After identifying the cause and source of the fault, our lawyers will follow up with your claim by:
- Evaluating medical bills: Every cent spent on medication after an accident should be covered by the insurer. We will calculate all emergency medical care bills, out of pocket payments, special doctor appointments, prescription drugs, the cost of transport to medical facilities, rehabilitation, therapy costs, intensive care unit bills, and so on
- Evaluating burial and funeral bills
- Summing up property damages associated with the accident
- Calculating the income loss and loss of service that the breadwinner formerly provided
- Estimating other non-financial damages such as the loved one’s pain and suffering prior to death, loss of consortium, and more
Arriving at a consensus for the right compensation for all of the above will likely require the involvement of experts such as financial projectors and medical practitioners. With a reliable network of such experts at our disposal, there is no need to worry about calculating the value of your claim or proving it in court. We will take care of all of that for you.
Sources of Compensation
To get you the highest possible compensation amount to which you are entitled after a fatal accident, our lawyer will assess the nature of your case and determine all likely avenues for compensation. These could be from:
- The insurance cover of the at-fault driver
- Punitive damages
- Your health insurance cover
- Your uninsured motorist insurance cover
- Your underinsured motorist cover
We’re Here for You!
Suffering the death of a loved one is detriment enough for anyone to face. There is no need to suffer financial, emotional, and physical challenges as well in the aftermath of a fatal car accident that was caused by the negligence of another road user. Insurance companies will only be willing to give you, at best, a low compensation figure to bury your case. Work with our lawyers to get the most out of your claim. The attorney we assign to your case will aggressively negotiate with the responsible insurer with an aim to maximize the value of your settlement. Should you need more than what’s offered by an insurer, we will offer expert litigation in the court of law as well. Time is of the essence! Call us now at 713-677-2179 for a no-obligation, expert case evaluation and to initiate your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?