AARP Car Accident Claims Injury Lawyer In Houston
The AARP, or the American Association of Retired Persons, is the largest non-profit organization in the United States dedicated to helping Americans aged 50 and above live better, more secure lives. It was founded in 1958 and now provides services via the Hartford Financial Services Group, a large investment and insurance company.
As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), almost 7,000 elderly individuals were killed in traffic accidents in 2017 – or 18% of all traffic fatalities. Considering the fact that the retired population in the United States grew over 30% in the decade between 2007 and 2017, it is no wonder that insurance services for this growing demographic have expanded as well. Alongside services for everything from home insurance, retirement, healthcare, travel, and entertainment (all of which are geared toward servicing elderly citizens), the AARP has a very popular auto insurance arm that caters to elderly drivers.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a traffic accident that involves insurance coverage from the AARP, give us a call for help with filing a claim, negotiating with your insurance associate, finding the right car repair shop to get your car back on the road, and to seek damages for other losses you may have incurred as a result of the accident.
Auto Services Provided by the AARP
The AARP provides its 40 million or so members with a wide range of auto accident and insurance coverage services, including all of the following:
- Lifetime insurance renewal: Maintain a valid driver’s license and pay your premiums on time to enjoy lifelong coverage.
- Rate protection: Enjoy guaranteed fixed rates for 12 months.
- RecoverCare: This service provides compensation for essential home services you can no longer perform yourself after an accident, including house upkeep, lawn mowing, preparing meals, and even walking your dog. It also covers for transport to or from work and to or from the grocery store.
- Car replacement costs: If you total your new vehicle within 15 months or 15,000 miles after buying it (whichever happens first), the AARP will play to replace it with the exact same car with no deductions.
- Car repair services: Once you have a claim accepted, the AARP will help you find a reliable repair shop so you don’t have to look for one yourself. This should be easy to do since the AARP has a network of over 1,600 nationwide repair shops in its network.
- File a claim 24/7: Because accidents can happen at any time, you can file a claim with the AARP by calling 877-805-9918. They will walk you through what you need to do to file the claim and they pride themselves on providing prompt, friendly services to all their clients.
- Accident forgiveness: Finally, because accidents are exactly that – they are accidents – the AARP has a first accident forgiveness policy which they give to drivers who maintain a clean driving record for five years.
Other services include:
- Coverage for glass damage using a network of over 12,000 glass installation service companies.
- Rental services in case you need to rent a car while yours is being repaired.
- Roadside assistance that is just a call away: Call 1-800-322-7789, tell them your name, location, and policy number. Describe the issue you are facing to them and they will send someone over to help you right away.
Filing a Claim with the AARP
AARP claims are handled through The Hartford. Here is what you need to do if you have been involved in an accident while using AARP coverage:
Reporting the Accident
After an accident, the first thing to do is to ensure that you, your passengers, and anyone else involved in the accident is safe and is seen by a medical professional or emergency services personnel. The next thing to do is to report the accident to the AARP. This can be done by:
- Calling 1-800-243-5860
- Directly reporting minor accidents with no injuries via the AARP online claim portal
- Report a glass-only damage claim
- File a claim with a different insurance company using the claim portal for different auto coverage
Provide Accident Details and Evidence
Next, you will have to provide details of the accident. This will include providing your name, policy number, pictures of the accident scene, documentation of any injuries sustained by yourself and/or your passengers or anyone else in the accident, and damage to any property you happened to have with you in the car at the time of the accident.
Houston Accident Lawyers’ Injury Services
While the AARP provides straightforward and comprehensive accident coverage services for its clients, the situation changes when you sustain injuries in your car accident. Injuries – both their extent as well as the projected cost of tending to them – can seriously impact the likelihood of winning a claim.
We are here to help you if you are facing issues obtaining compensation from the AARP for injuries such as:
If you have AARP insurance coverage and have suffered any type of physical injury in an auto accident in Houston, call us right away to file a claim with the AARP for all losses that result therefrom.
Our Team of Expert Lawyers Is Here to Help
Our team of Houston accident attorneys has helped hundreds of victims in every accident scenario imaginable recover damages and get their life back on track after suffering an unfortunate auto accident. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident of any type, give us a call to discuss your legal options. We will walk you through everything you need to know before filing a claim and we will help you collect evidence, present facts, negotiate with the AARP, and litigate in court if needed. No fees unless you collect. Call now at 713-677-2253.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?