The General Car Accident Claims Injury Lawyer In Houston
Roadway fatalities in the United States jumped over 5% percent between 2015 and 2016, and a total of over 37,000 lives were lost in 2017 in traffic accidents of every imaginable type. From motorcycle accidents and pedestrian accidents to truck crashes, drunk driving, overspeeding, and underage driving, US crash stats are alarming, to say the least, and it is no wonder that the importance of insurance coverage has been the center of attention when it comes to auto injury and death for a long time.
Despite this, many people are unsure whether or not a lawyer is needed after an accident, while others are unsure about what filing a damages claim involves. In either case, we can help. If you have been involved in an accident and want to know what your rights and responsibilities are or if you want to know more about the claims process and what to do after an accident, call us for a free, personalized, no-obligation consultation. We will walk you through everything you need to know regarding your case, including statutes of limitations, evidence and documentation requirements, and the average payout won by victims of accidents similar to yours.
Winning an Insurance Claim
There are many things you need to do if you are to win your insurance claim, whether against The General or any other insurer. These steps are as follows:
- You need to gather evidence of the accident, such as photos or video recordings.
- You need to provide your personal information as well as the details of the other driver, including their name, phone number, and insurer/policy number.
- Gather all of your bills, including medical bills, invoices from car rentals and other services such as babysitting that directly came about because of your accident.
- Obtain the official police report on your accident.
- Understand which insurance policies and coverage limits apply to your case.
- Negotiating with your insurer or that of an at-fault party.
Types of Damages You Can Recover
Depending on the nature of your injuries and any property damage, you may be able to file a claim for more than just the obvious costs you have been made to suffer from your accident. A lawyer can help you identify different sources of coverage as well as different damages you can claim, including all of the following:
- Compensation for damage to your vehicle – repairs, replacement, and/or rental costs associated with the crash
- Coverage for medical costs for surgeries, rehabilitative care, medicine, and doctor’s appointments
- Damages for pain and suffering that are directly linked to the accident
- Compensation for non-economic damages from the accident, such as emotional trauma, anxiety, stress, an inability to enjoy activities you used to enjoy before, or the loss of the company of a loved one
Handling a Case Yourself
Some accident victims, despite the harrowing nature of most crashes and the mental stress they can place on all of those involved, feel that they may be up to the challenge of handling an insurance claim themselves. While doing so is not impossible, we highly recommend you speak to a lawyer. As professionals with years of experience handling all sorts of accident cases, we can help you in numerous ways, including:
- Ascertaining who is at fault for the accident
- Protecting you from counter-claims from an at-fault motorist
- Meeting important filing and regulatory deadlines
- Helping you understand which insurance policies apply to you, which types of coverage you can claim, and calculating the damages that you are entitled to demanding
- Gathering the evidence needed to support your claim, including official police reports and even the cellphone records of the other party if distracted driving is to be established
- Getting you in touch with local, reliable car repair shops
- Putting you in touch with the right medical professionals who have experience handling injuries similar to yours
While some of these are things you can do yourself, it is not advisable for someone inexperienced in insurance claims to do so. You may find yourself the target of harassment or intimidation by insurance adjusters who are tasked with mitigating your insurance provider’s settlement payouts, forcing you to accept either a low-ball offer or none at all. You may also face difficulty when it comes to negotiating your settlement with your insurer, or even bringing them to the negotiating table even if they accept that your claim is valid.
The days and weeks after an accident are the most critical to your personal recover, so leave the administrative and operational heavy lifting involved in filing a claim to the experts and let us help you fight for the damages and the settlement that you deserve.
We Are Experts at Handling Claims with The General
If you have been involved in an accident and need help with filing a claim with The General, give us a call at 713-677-2253. We provide all of our clients with expert legal services and litigation at no up-front cost, and you only pay when you collect your settlement check. Call now.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?