Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Pasadena, TX
Using and enjoying state and national roadways boil down to mutual road-sharing by all drivers and motorists on the road. Motorcyclists, truck and car drivers, and pedestrians are all required to behave responsibly on public roads. Drivers of heavier and more dangerous vehicles have an additional obligation to take care of other drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians on the road.
If the negligence of a motorist caused injuries or claimed the life of your loved one who was a pedestrian on the road, we are here to offer legal help and see to it that you get the full compensation you deserve to cater for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of consortium, and even funeral costs. We will help you achieve this by assigning your case to one of our top Pasadena, pedestrian accident attorneys.
What Are the Common Causes of Pedestrian Injuries in Pasadena?
The NHTSA reports that in two hours, a pedestrian is killed in an accident, while every eight minutes, pedestrian injuries occur. Every year, pedestrian accidents claim the death of about 75,000 Americans.
The root cause of many Pasadena pedestrian accidents is negligence on the part of motorists. The NHTSA reports very few cases of pedestrians at fault, and that is why we seek to defend the rights of pedestrians against malicious road users and greedy insurance companies. If your pedestrian accident resulted from any of the circumstances below, contact us to help you file and pursue your case.
- Intoxicated/drunk driving
- Illegally parked vehicles making it hard to see bicycles and pedestrians
- Running red lights and knocking down pedestrians in crosswalks
- Striking pedestrians while taking right or left turns through crosswalks
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Running stop signs or red lights
- Road rage
- Illegal turns
- Bad road conditions
- Failure to stop at crosswalks
- Inexperienced drivers
- Pedestrian negligence such as jaywalking and crossing roads without looking for possible motorists
The Aftermath of Pedestrian Accidents
Due to a lack of safety gear, pedestrian accidents can be fatal. Worse, injuries that result from these accidents are often one-sided and can cause exorbitant medical expenses to the afflicted pedestrian. We will help you file for damages and compensation for damages such as:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other physical or mental injuries
- Personal or property damage
Determining Liability in Pasadena Pedestrian Accidents
The determination of liability in auto/pedestrian accidents mostly comes down to right-of-way arguments. Other determining factors are lines of sight as well as the dynamics of the collision. Because of these facts, it is crucial that you first speak to an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer in Pasadena to discuss what your options are prior to speaking with any insurance company.
What Compensation Will Our Legal Team Help You Pursue?
Our lawyers will look at your case in detail and devise a way in which you can claim past and future damages. These include:
- Medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Loss of income/wages
- Physical impairment
- Pain and suffering
What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident?
If you were involved in a pedestrian accident as a result of another motorist’s negligence, it is important that you seek professional guidance on the right steps to take and how to secure legal representation. Right after the accident, however, the first things you need to do are:
- Move out of the way to avoid further injuries from other motorists.
- Assess and take note of any damages or injuries that could have resulted from the accident.
- If the vehicle operator who caused the accident is still there, take his/her details and license plate number. If he/she is trying to flee, you can try memorizing their license plate number or take a photo of it.
- Contact the Pasadena Police and wait until they reach the accident scene.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you are not sure of the severity of your injuries, it is still recommended that you undergo a medical examination.
- Reach out to our team to start building your insurance claim.
We are available 24/7 and will help you collect sufficient evidence to build your claim. We will also represent you fully to get the full and fair damages and compensation to which you are entitled.
What if the At-Fault Driver Flees the Accident Scene?
In the case of a hit and run accident, you can still have your injuries covered by your personal insurance policy. At the moment, uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage is optional in Pasadena but it can be extremely useful in hit and run accidents. Your health insurance provider will also play a big role in covering your medical bills. Our Pasadena, TX pedestrian accident attorneys have the legal know-how and expertise in dealing with insurance companies as well as reluctant insurance adjusters. They will work to get your insurance provider to complete its legal obligations to you.
Let a Pasadena, TX Pedestrian Accident Attorney Handle your Case – Consultation is Free!
Regardless of the complexity of your case or the severity of your injuries, our team of skilled attorneys has all the requisite skills to successfully file and complete a pedestrian damages claim on your behalf. We work around the clock and can meet you at the accident scene, your home, the hospital, or at our Pasadena offices. Get started with a free consultation and initiate your compensation claim today. Call now at 713-677-2159.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Liable If I Loaned My Car To A Friend And They Were Involved In A Car Accident in Houston?
- What Are The 10 Things I Should Do Following A Car Accident In Houston, TX?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Who is Responsible in an Uber Accident?
- Who is Responsible for Repairs After a Car Accident?